Communication skills are not limited to public speaking
Everything begins with communication. Whether it's for personal growth, professional success, or to improve your relationships, communication skills are consistently cited as the most important skill for anyone to develop if they want to get ahead in life.
This is why being a confident communicator is also about being an effective communicator...
The purpose of this course is to help you become a more confident communicator by increasing your ability to be more effective in any context.
In this interactive online self-study course, you'll gain comprehensive knowledge about the communication process, while learning how to recognize, reduce, and overcome the barriers that prevent you from communicating more successfully, and expressing yourself more authentically.
What You'll Learn
Here's what you'll be able to do after completing this course:
- Define the meaning of communication, and differentiate between effective vs. ineffective communication.
- Identify and explain the key elements in the communication process.
- Recognize yourself and others as being central to the communication process.
- Recognize cultural differences and communicate with more flexibility.
- Define, describe and distinguish between the different types of communication.
- Describe and explain the transactional nature of communication.
- Identify barriers to effective communication that can lead to conflict.
- Apply effective strategies for asserting yourself and reinforcing your identity when communicating with others.
- Apply soft-skills in communication toward achieving your personal and professional goals and advancing in your career.
- Communicate with more clarity, confidence, and competence in any context.
Communicate With Confidence
An essential guide to communicating more effectively in any context
Learn the fundamental skills that all successful communication professionals already know...
- Develop positive communication skills to help you build healthier relationships in your personal and professional life.
- Learn practical communication skills for self-leadership and advancing in your job, business, or career.
- Increase your confidence, and gain a better understanding of how to relate to yourself and to others.
Who This Course is For
This course is for you if:
You're apprehensive about communication or public speaking, and you want to familiarize yourself with the foundational principles of communication without the pressure of being graded or delivering a formal speech.
You're an entrepreneurial-minded lifelong learner with a growth mindset interested in personal growth and professional development.
You have a desire to improve your relationships and express yourself in ways that are more true to who you are.
You're skilled at what you already do, but lack the fundamental knowledge needed to make sense out of the communication tools we use everyday.
You want to gain comprehensive knowledge and skills for being a more confident, creative, and effective communicator.
You aspire to work on a communication related project or business, or to serve in a new leadership role and you have never taken a formal course in communication.
You want to hone your communication skills and increase your self-esteem.
This course may not be for you if you've already had formal training or taken a course in communication and are experienced in public speaking.
This course is not for you if you're looking for a communication course that ends in the delivery of a speech.
Keep in mind, although this isn't a public speaking course, you'll still learn the basic principles applied to all forms of communication, which is also inherent in public speaking. So, taking this course can be a warm-up to public speaking or for simply learning more about communication.
*Includes 11 modules arranged in the following three parts:
Part I: Knowing and Understanding the Communication Process
*Why Communication Skills Are Important *The Meaning of Communication *The Process of Communication *The Different Types of Communication
Part II: Communication Assessment Quiz
Part III: Knowing and Understanding Yourself
*Increasing Self-Awareness *Communication Apprehension *Asserting Yourself *Effective Communication Strategies *Being Ethical *Communicating With Confidence
- Developing an Action Plan for Implementing Transformative Communication Skills
- Journal Writing Assignments for Personal Reflection
- Downloadable PDF Worksheets & Workbook
- Video Presentations and Transcripts
Q: How long will the course take to complete?
This course takes a minimum of one week. However, it can be completed in less than one week or even take more time. It all depends on how much time you are willing and able to devote to completing the lessons. Just remember, this course is designed to be flexible so that you can learn the skills at your own pace.
Q: Do you have a refund policy?
Yes. If for some reason you find this course is not for you, then you can receive a refund within 30 days, starting with the initial date of your purchase.
Q: Will I have access to the entire course when I enroll?
Yes. You will have immediate access to the entire course once you enroll.
Q: How long will I have access to the course after enrolling and purchasing?
Your login information will be ongoing, and you will have permanent unlimited access to this course. The content will not expire.
Q: What if I have more questions about the course?
If you have more questions, contact: [email protected]
Meet the Instructor
LaTonya Irby, M.A., B.Sc.
LaTonya is a personal growth strategist, communications consultant, and media and communications professional with over 12 years of experience in the industry.
LaTonya is passionate about helping others to fulfill their purpose and live more empowered lives through meaningful communication strategies, centered in a holistic and integrated approach.